Welcome to 100 Women Who Care Kamloops
Now that you're a member of 100 Women Who Care (you are a member right? Did you register online?), you are part of a force of women committed to change our community.
As a new member, there are some important things you should know before your first meeting.
Things You Need To Know
- You may bring a guest with you to ONE meeting if they would like to see what we are about before committing to membership. However, they are not entitled to vote, nor will they be required to provide a $100 donation to the chosen charity. If your guest would like to attend a second meeting, we ask that she registers as a member first so that she can enjoy the same benefits as you by being part of choosing the charity for donation and enjoying that wonderful feeling of giving back. Please let us know if you plan to bring a guest by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We always welcome new members, so if you have a friend who would like to join, they can register online before the event or even at the meeting itself.
- 100% of the funds go to the chosen charity. There are no administrative or membership fees. We all believe in the importance of giving back.
- We take your privacy very seriously. Our selected charities have agreed not to share or store your contact information in accordance with the Protection of Privacy Act. If you are contacted by a charity after the meeting, other than to receive your tax receipt, please let us know immediately.
Don't Forget to Connect
Now that you are a member of 100 Women Who Care Kamloops, be sure to follow us on Facebook. We share updates, charities post updates about upcoming events, and you can connect with your fellow members.
Stay in the Loop
Check into our website for updated information on upcoming meetings and information like where to park and the location!
What Happens at a Meeting?
- Check In. Members check in and provide their $100 donation cheque at the front desk.
- We host a one-hour networking session before the meeting begins. There is a cash bar and it is an opportunity to meet your fellow members. A volunteer will greet you at the door, and if you are new, will take a moment to introduce you to other members. Come for as long or as little of the networking session as you would like. It starts promptly at 5pm and ends exactly at 6pm.
- The meeting begins with a greeting to our presenters and members. They will share any housekeeping details at this time. Then the big reveal! The three charities are shared with the membership, all of which have been nominated by a member and randomly selected from a hat, and vetted to ensure they meet the nomination criteria.
- The membership hears from the three organizations. A presenter from each charity has 5 minutes only to share with the group what they would do with the donation if they were chosen.
- Voting. After hearing the three presentations, each member votes by secret ballot who they would like to donate to. Volunteers collect the ballots and whisk them away for counting.
- Charity Update. While the votes are being tallied, the group hears an update from the last organization who received a donation from us. They update us on how our support has impacted their organization and the progress of the programming the funds were earmarked for.
- Selected Charity Announcement. Everyone waits for anticipation as the chosen charity is revealed.
- Completion of Cheques. Front desk volunteers assist in filling in the name of the organization on all of the donation cheques and the founders will present them to the chosen charity.
- Meeting Wrap Up. All nominated charities are congratulated and members are reminded of when and where the next meeting will take place.
- Before you Leave. Drop by the front desk to ensure that your contact information is accurate so you can receive your tax receipt in a timely fashion.
Have a question? Have you checked our FAQ Section? It has lots of great information, whether you are a new member or have been with us since the beginning. If you don't see the answer you are looking for on our website, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.